PRS Sweetwater

bluenile

• Members

So I have been talking to this dude from Sweetwater and he says he can get me a PRS Custom 22 w/Birds for $2450 (original price of $2597). I think that this is still a little too high. What do you all think? I have heard only good things about Sweetwater. Anybody have a bad experience with them? Also, does anybody know why the PRS Custom 24s do not come with pickup covers but the Custom 22s do?

• Members

Wild West Guitars has a good selection of PRS Customs, but you'd have to call for prices. A Custom 22 goes for $2,324 through Musician's Friend/Music 123/Guitar Center. So, anything under that would be OK. You could see if Sweetwater would price-match. Personally, I'd rather order a guitar from Sweetwater (the only guitar I ever bought from an online retailer was through Sweetwater) than MF/GC. You should be able to get one for at least $125-$150 less than what Sweetwater is quoting you. Do some internet shopping and find out some prices and either buy elsewhere or see if Sweetwater can match.

• Members

Also check Elderly music. Like Wild West and others you have to request a quote, but it's nearly automated (meaning it either is actually automated or they respond so fast that it seems automated). There are a few other PRS dealers that offer really good pricing as well, but I can't think of their names at the moment. You can definitely do better than the Sweetwater and MF/GC pricing at many of these places. They are also rather reputable as PRS doesn't want to get screwed over by dealers.

Check PRS's dealer listing. It's drop down by state, but check out the Web sites for as many as possible. See who has the best prices. Location shouldn't really factor in as receiving it by mail from SW or MF is no different than receiving by mail from a mom & pop shop. Good luck, I love my two PRSs, as well as the vast majority of all of the other PRSs I've ever had the pleasure to play (I haven't rtied any of the SE series yet...not that it matters or that anyone cares).

Archived