I have officially been awake for 24 hours ...

Devinstation

• Members

and I am not tired at all. I had a really bad case of insomnia last night and didn't get a wink of sleep.

Oddly enough I picked up my guitar and started messing around, improvising {censored}. I was sure I was gonna play like crap but I actually wrote a few good songs, and my playing (while sloppier) sounded a whole lot better, my riffs were flowing together better and my rhythm had gotten a lot more interesting.

Maybe Insomnia isn't such a bad thing ...

Or maybe I just too tired to realize how bad I am sucking, but still I wrote down all the riffs and songs I wrote today, I figure I will go back over them tomorrow when I am in better form and see if they are as good as I thought they were.

• Members

I've heard that if you try to drive after 24 hours of being awake, your attention levels are around a person who's had half a bottle of scotch.

Fun fact of the day.

Sometimes if you're just not focusing on "oh man I missed that note" and just letting your playing flow, it sounds better.

Or maybe you're just so out of it that anything sounds good. :D I know that's happened to me.

• Members

I've heard that if you try to drive after 24 hours of being awake, your attention levels are around a person who's had half a bottle of scotch.

Fun fact of the day.

Sometimes if you're just not focusing on "oh man I missed that note" and just letting your playing flow, it sounds better.

Or maybe you're just so out of it that anything sounds good.
:D
I know that's happened to me.

Yesterday I was awake for going on 40 hours and had to do quite a bit of driving, including highway, and busy city driving. I have never driven with any amount of alcohol in me before, but I gotta say, the feeling was probably as close as I will ever get. Thankfully I am a good driver, and I kept the window open to get fresh cool air, and everything was alright.

As far as playing, I think I am bordering on arthritis, or early stages thereof in my hands, so after I am that physically tired, I just cant bring myself to play.

• Members

Sleep? What the hell is that? You speak a language of which I know not.

Think im joking? Just scroll through some of my post history. You dont need to read the posts, just look at the times entered. I never sleep.

I hate sleep. I think it is a huge waste of valuable time. Time I could put to a much better use by wasting it here!

Archived