California Fires !

bluesrock70's

• Members

My Strat and SG are on the front lines kicking that fires ass. Seriously, I'm here in Corona (home of Fender) and smoke and ash are everywhere. No threat here (knock on wood) at the moment, but the Santiago fire is still raging about 10 miles from us. With continued cooperation from mother nature they should have a firm grasp by the weekend. All of you collectively chant....."no more Santa Ana winds". And btw....hope they catch the sick bastard(s) that started that fire and burn them at the stake. Then again, they might enjoy it.

Gil

• Members

Well the idiots that started the fires deserve a swift kick in the ass, the idiots that live there deserve one too. Suppressing the natural fuctioning of a fire based ecosystem is bound to {censored} you in the ass sooner or later. Might consider living somewhere else.

• Members

And Doc, under better circumstances, I'd invite you over for a beer and a jam, but I wouldn't really wish the air quality by my house on anyone right now.

That's really kind of you, and I'll take you up on it in the future. I come out here about 3x a year. I'll PM you.

• Members

Well the idiots that started the fires deserve a swift kick in the ass, the idiots that live there deserve one too. Suppressing the natural fuctioning of a fire based ecosystem is bound to {censored} you in the ass sooner or later. Might consider living somewhere else.

Hmmmmm.....maybe Winnipeg, where I can stare at ice for a good portion of the year. No thanks. There are negatives wherever you live. We have our share with the fires and earthquakes. But I've lived in other parts of the country, including colder climes (Montana), and I'll stick with Southern Cali. Thanks for your compassion though.

Gil

• Members

Hmmmmm.....maybe Winnipeg, where I can stare at ice for a good portion of the year. No thanks. There are negatives wherever you live. We have our share with the fires and earthquakes. But I've lived in other parts of the country, including colder climes (Montana), and I'll stick with Southern Cali. Thanks for your compassion though.

Gil

With global warning, Winnepeg will be the new Dallas :idea:

And Corona will be the new Juarez :idea:

Denver will be the new Albuquerque :idea:

and LA will be the new Acupulco :idea:

it's a lose win lose win kind of thing.

• Members

Well, we do need a good rain. Mudslides will probably happen in some steep areas, canyons, here and there, but for the greater populace at large, rains are probably a good thing right now. You have several million people in the basin breathing what is essentially toxic fumes for a week. Not to mention the firefighters who are still battling these blazes. Rain would help alleviate a lot of that.

• Members

Well, Escondido is finally clearing up, i can see blue sky now. I dont know how its going to be back home in Temecula though, it was awful when i left this morning.

It's probably worse in Temecula. The fires have been burning east, into the Cleveland national Forest, which means you should be getting all the smoke in Temecula that we were getting earlier in the week.

• Members

It's probably worse in Temecula. The fires have been burning east, into the Cleveland national Forest, which means you should be getting all the smoke in Temecula that we were getting earlier in the week.

Well, i appreciate your honesty. hahaha.

Good time to stay indoors and play guitar i guess. Although thats sorta all i have been doing all week, and my fingertips are all shredded. hahaha.

Anyhow, im glad we all seem to have escaped loss so far. I have friends in Fallbrook who lost their home. Its rough.

Archived