You feelin' Alright? I'm not feelin' too goode myself

• Members

Dave mason wrote a song that a few goode folkes have cover'd and so I heard a Dave Mason version and realised that DAVE MASON wrote that smart and feelsome ditty.

FEELIN ALRIGHT

A long time ago one of my budds had a few dave mason records.

Joe Cocker cover'd FEELIN ALL RIGHT.

f you ask me(and folkes "do" ask me) Jerky joe kicked mortal ace on that tune. you feelin(Jerk) all right? ahhhehhhohhh(jerk)

I got and learnt two different key versions.

It ain't but TWO CHORDS. - A "D" seventh and a G seventh OR a "C" seventh and a F seventh.

You FEELIN ALRIGHT?

I'm not feelin too good myself. N, no, no!

I had fun larnin' the two different varsions(keys/chords) of this ditty by Dave Mason. I feel Skronger and more better of a player for larnin this song.

thanks fer lettin me share!

• Members

It is a decent song in my opine. .

I like the back-up sangers in the cocker version .

I changed a few of the lyrics to suit me and to more fit my experiences.

A goode recording of the tune is next.

you know, for posteritys sake.

I'm trying to get a decent take these days.

i'm not feelin' too goode myself.

you feelin' alright?

• Members

Dang. I like a lot of Dave Mason's stuff. One of those "underappreciated artists". I do a couple of his tunes acoustically, most notably "World In Changes", and occasionally the predictable "We Just Disagree".

• Members

Originally posted by kylen

That's a good 'un OK - Grand Funk covered that too I believe - so did I (to a somewhat smaller audience
:D
)

hey hey lets hoff a version war YAh!

I vill do a version of der' song "feelin' alright" and post it long enough for to download by a few souls and you KYLE N. maybe you could do your version and post it so I and maybe a few othres could download. .

Mine version vill hoff different words done in a quasi-masonesque style.

I added a third chord as a resolveinator chord.

the unresolved two chords must have offended my sensebilities ahahahah!. The lyrics I wrote, i did exactly as dave mason would have written in his six line style.

Very unusual.

One must get the ebb and FLOW of the rythym of the lyrics to sing them effectively. very tricky to do for this humble sanger. I had to work on that aspect mucho, mucho. si? yah! goote! hahaha!

my keyboard died after many years so I will be unable to add keys to the mix.

I wrote a verse about some loser dudes getting some CHINA WHITE smack instead of the fifty bucks worth of coke they thought they was getting for to inject. ach!

you feelin' alright?

I'm not feelin too good mysef'.

• Members

I saw Dave Mason a few years ago and he did "Feelin Alright". I was a little suprised that he essentially used the Joe Cocker-Leon Russel arrangement with the piano hook instead of the original Traffic version. He had a smokin keyboard player though.

• Members

Originally posted by Keyrick

I saw Dave Mason a few years ago and he did "Feelin Alright". I was a little suprised that he essentially used the Joe Cocker-Leon Russel arrangement with the piano hook instead of the original Traffic version. He had a smokin keyboard player though.

the peanner hook is a goode one.

I tend to jazz up most older more simple arangements if i feel like I can improve on the original. thats all old davey boy did.

I learnt' the older Dave mason version that has a pianner in it.

it kinde of steps on his vocals at one point.

Veddy rude . ya know? steppin on a mans vocal line./

heY PIANNER MAN! leave off whaen I'm 'accrrooninnow.., ya three fanger'd lubber

ahahaha, jus' bullin'!

Here is the verse i wrote in his six laegged style

if I may um,uh; force it, on you goode folkes. ahem...

me an my frien' we wished to score some blow

but there's one thing we just could'nt know

about how it is when one deals with thugs

no one there knew quite enough about the drugs

what my frien' did was finde some stolen smack

how do I know this we ran it right when he got back

he said"Rick, you feelin alright?"

Im not feelin too goode myself..

thanks for lettin' me share...

hey, ya' wanna hoff a fersion worr?

• Members

Iowa? who?uh...

I changed davy boys lyrics too.

He's got: "BOY you took me for one long ride" an I changed the word "BOY" to "GIRL" to change the entire context of the line.

I ain't ezzackly shore what the hail old davys' a'tryin' to say(dontassdonttail) ahaha and so I changed the line to suit uh me. To reflect my tastes and proclivitys as the case may be and thus firmly OWNING this particular ditty.

I own dis joint.

it's really my tune now. and I kick mortal ace and it gonne make me fiddy cents ever time i play it out ahahahah! .

thanks dave mason. You feelin alright?

Iain't feelin' too good myself! fiddy cents! heee

ahahahha!

Archived