Show me your DEAN

nevermind

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i owned one of those, nice guitars.

not sure if you are aware or not, but the metallic silver limited hardtails had kent armstrong jb/59 combo in them.

yep, the imports.

Yeah, Im not a real fan of the JB. Although the Kent Armstrog JB does sound better to me than the SD. I've got a set of pickups I wanna swap in I wasn't so lazy.

• Members

TWO DEAN's I have always liked. Firts up is a EVO SUPREME. Not to be confused with the newer Evo's. The Supreme was a Luxury Liner compared to what you see now with the Evo name on it.
The Supreme was Produced in the Chec-Republic and was only offered a couple years around 2000? Correct me if I'm wrong. I played one at a local Ma-Pa shop. It was loaded Stock with Pearly-Gates front and back[Zebra and split], Ebony fretboard, Grovers, Multi-Bound, Block Inlays, Very Nice neck joint. The Supreme played and sounded very nice. But it was $900. new w/ohsc. I opted for my Hamer Artist Custom w/Seths which I paid $1000, for used. But its MINT and still is.
Other Dean I like is the Del-Sol. I played a Trans BLUE piece at the same shop. The guitar was built VERY well and the QC was excellent. BUT the electronics left a little to be desired. Pups. Pots and switch were so-so. The price was $550. w/ohsc so I passed thinking I'll pick one up down the road used for around $300?........Never Happened and NEVER see the Trans BLUE! I don't have a Large interest in other models! And I never cared for the Headstock-V! I owned a Acoustic, Daytona, $100. I paid for that model that I thought was a LOT of Bang for the Buck though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
^^SWEET^^

Im getting a Razorback shards soon, will post pics.

yeah, everything about the guitar is so beautiful! even the pickups have flames ingraved on them. and supposedly the pickups are dimarzio pickups

my only complaine with the guitar is that it isnt comming with a floyd rose! had it been with one, i'd buy it on the spot! but it is a new guitar that was released at the last NAMM. which means its a prototype....floyd roses could be slapped on them in the near future

but i'd prolly end up buying one anyone

surpring this is that its for about 750 bucks, and it still comes with hardshell case. most guitars that do come with hard shells are usually over 1000 bucks.

:wave:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
honestly i been gassing for one of those myself

they arent getting good reviews...those dean 79's are getting better reviews. but then again, perhaps those 79's are getting better reviews as people say 'this guitar is amazing for its price' crap...

stupid bias people! :mad:

Archived