Flying v

Brick

• Members

Hey everyone, thinking of getting a flying v, probably a faded gibson and replacing the stock hardware all in gold, I would also want to replace the stock bridge with a bigsby of some sort, the tuners with gold sperzels, and maybe some gold pickup covers(i really like the stock pickups). Does anyone know which color this would look best with and how much it might cost me assuming i do the mods myself? thanks

• Members

i'd say the red would look good but you're gonna spend a pretty penny on all those mods. the only Vs that I've seen with bigsbys have a bar mounted to the inside of the "V" to support the bigsby a la Lonnie Mack. There may be one that would just mount on the guitar body, though, similar to the ones on teles.

• Members

you can use the bigsby b5 i believe with out the lonnie mack bar inbetween the v, and les trem's are about 100 bucks, can be mounted onto the existing bridge without any alteration, but only bend the pitch like 1/2 step up or down, so for vibrato only it'd probably be fine.

• Members

I played a Faded a V for a few years. Happened to be a great player. I never did a thing to it. Guitar was all stock when I sold it.

It was also the first Gibson loaded with the Ceramic 496/500 humbuckers that I REALLY liked.

I had those pups in a LP-Classic and I couldn't wait to pull them? Put 59's in it from Duncan.

Archived