How to stuff the Bay in the UK

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators
I've seen the recent ads in the magazines and thought it's a good idea in principle but tell me honestly, would you ever buy a guitar you hadn't played.

I've never bought a guitar that I've played first Tom, since I had my bass when I was 19. I'm agoraphobic and without mail order I doubt I'd have a guitar...well one that I really wanted. I've now had 3 Edwards staright from Japan sight unseen, and loved all 3, if I don't I sell em, somebody buys em.:thu:

• Members

I've seen the recent ads in the magazines and thought it's a good idea in principle but tell me honestly, would you ever buy a guitar you hadn't played.

I'd never buy an acoustic guitar I'd never played, unless I was getting it from someone I personally knew and trusted. Too many variables and variation between supposedly identical examples of the same model. And it's easy for the seller to 'forget' to mention damage which cannot be seen in photographs, especially internal structural damage.

Solid electric guitars are another matter entirely. They're basically just a slab of wood with some things screwed on, so there is less opportunity for variation between examples. Before the tonehounds explode in horror, I acknowledge that there is some variation, but any two (unbroken) Fender Standard Telecasters sound more alike than they sound different.

• Members

Yes, I have done and would again. Granted, it was a Tom Anderson which you can pretty much guarantee is going to be amazing, unlike most brands.

• Members
Dougy, lol love the avatar, do the still run Rab C Nesbitt on TV? Must be one of the funniest shows, ever. What a riot.
:D

I think Paramount Comedy channel are still showing it on wednesday nights... don't know if you can get that channel over in Sweden though.

:idk:

Archived