Can you give preferred times to UPS for delivery?

Blueboner

• Members

I've got a guitar arriving tomorrow via UPS, and I'm afraid that I may end up working during the day when it is likely to arrive. Is there anyway that I can call up UPS and schedule a preferred delivery time of like after 3:00 P.M. or something, or is it too late to do that now?

• Members

AS far as I know - no you can't. They have there delivery route and they get there when your turn comes up. The exception is if the shipper when the package is shipped states it needs to be there in less time, but you pay through the nose for that. Even then it is not a set delivery time - just before noon.

• Members

I have missed them before and been able to call and get his current location. I then tracked him down in the next subdivision over, pulled up behind him when he stopped for a deliver, showed him my driver's license and took my package home.

I thought that was much cooler than having to wait until Monday for it.

• Members

I have missed them before and been able to call and get his current location. I then tracked him down in the next subdivision over, pulled up behind him when he stopped for a deliver, showed him my driver's license and took my package home.

I thought that was much cooler than having to wait until Monday for it.

I did the same thing last week. Actually, I just hunted him down! I didn't realize the dispatcher would give out the driver's location...

Anyway, it was fun!

Archived