Korean LP Style on Ebay for $100...

kidvybes

• Members
...Well I received the "mystery" Korean LP style guitar and it turns out to be a winner!!!...for once, my "GAS" attack proved to be a positive transaction (God knows there have been too many that were not!...LOL)...

...turns out, this guitar was indeed manufactured by Samick (as suggested by Dean) back in Sept. of 2004...it is absolutely beautiful!...Honeyburst (orange) flametop maple-capped mahogany...Grover Rotomatic tuners...beautifully finished fretting...and a really nice hardshell case to boot!...

...these ARROYO branded guitars were custom built for the seller a few years ago with the intention of being marketed at considerably higher prices than they are going on eBay...I would easily equate these to the Epiphone Standard Plus guitars ($500 range), but remember, these are Korean made, not the current Chinese Epis...no visible flaws at all...even the setup was pretty sweet right out of the box!...classic Alnico V Magnet Humbuckers definately ring of classic LP tones...not heavy like many of the LPs, I'd put it at somewhere between 7-8 lbs...headstock is similar to the Samick Greg Bennett LPs just slightly modified...hardware appears to top quality Korean issue...truly well finished...even the strap buttons are the better "dome-style" not the cheaper "cup shaped" ones found on most lower priced electrics these days...

...I did a side-by-side comparison with my Xaviere XV700...there is no doubt that the Arroyo is better built/finished with the possible exception of the pups (but the Arroyo does have Korean made Alnico HBs not unlike the GFS versions)...the body on the Arroyo is the vintage (no contours) LP style unlike the thinner (and lighter), contoured Xaviere...the necks are very similar but the Arroyo's fretting appears a bit more refined...the Arroyo's hardware looks to be of higher quality, most obviously the Grover tuners...soundwise, the Xaviere's Crunchy PAFs get the nod, although if you're looking for classic LP sound, the Arroyo delivers in spades!...the combination of a stouter, shorter body profile and smaller headstock make the Arroyo a bit shorter overall than the Xaviere...less headstock to bang up! (LOL)...in summary, while the Xaviere delivers a more hot-rodded vibe, the Arroyo has a decidedly more old-school vintage refinement...

...I noticed the seller also had some nice matte-finished LP single and doublecuts up on eBay this week...same basic setup as mine but with a more stealth "rock-n-roll" vibe...anyone looking for a beautifully made Korean quality LP (excellent platform for modding) should give these bad-boys a look...here's the link:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZsthomps1762

...in my brief communication with the seller, it became clear that he had very sincere hopes of establishing a new brand of quality guitars at very reasonable pricing...although I certainly feel some sympathy for his having to liquidate his stock below cost, this is a great opportunity to grab a really sweet quality axe at bargain pricing (IMHO)...
:thu:

Sweet! :idea: But how are the necks I,ve got big hands and need a Epi LP or SG chunky/wide neck?

• Members

Sweet!
:idea:
But how are the necks I,ve got big hands and need a Epi LP or SG chunky/wide neck?

...the neck is what's referred to as "vintage tapered"...almost identical to the Xaviere XV700 neck (both neck profiles were supposedly referenced from late 50's Gibson LP JRs I believe)...definately not chunky, like the Agile LP necks...probably too slim for you...

• Members

QUOTE=kidvybes;24925611]...the neck is what's referred to as "vintage tapered"...almost identical to the Xaviere XV700 neck (both neck profiles were supposedly referenced from late 50's Gibson LP JRs I believe)...definately not chunky, like the Agile LP necks...probably too slim for you...

• Members
How much does the double cut weigh?

...doublecuts that I received weigh in at about 8lb 12oz...solid but not as heavy as my SX/Agile LPs...nice weight actually...

...turns out there are a couple of these left and the seller posted them yesterday:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsthomps1762

...if anyone is seriously interested, let me know...;)

Archived