MF Gibson Faded-SG SALE! was 579.99, now 579.00 HOT!

jimytheassassin

• Members

Pretty silly, I agree, but I got one at GC a couple of weeks ago for the same price. An awesome deal on a great guitar. And, an excuse for me to post my pics of it once again!

That fretboard looks pretty dried out.

In my opinion, those fadeds look a lot better when people around here just do a couple cosmetic changes. Put the Gibson pickup covers on, maybe change the knobs & selector switch tip & it looks like a much higher end guitar.

• Members
Great sale!
:thu:
Of my 29 guitars, I don't have a single SG.

BTW, are Gibson SG's neck heavy?
:confused:
I'm close to pulling the trigger on one as soon as I try one with a strap and see how they feel standing up.

mine is perfectly balanced... although i hear that complaint alot. everytime i go to guitar center i love to play sg's (they are my favorite gutiar and i love comparing mine to others) and i have yet to run into one that is neck heavy.
i like any excuse to show mine off:
HPIM6513.jpg

• Members

I'm a big fan of SGs in general, but have yet to find a Faded model that impressed me at all, and I've played 3. There is a reason they cost much less than the Standard. :freak:

My friend had a '90 SG Special, the most stripped down model back then, and it was AWESOME. I should have bought it from him when he eventually sold it. Ebony finish with rosewood fretboard, dot inlays and black open coil 1959 Les Paul Reissue pups. No gaudy stuff, just pure rawk. :love:

• Members
mine is perfectly balanced... although i hear that complaint alot. everytime i go to guitar center i love to play sg's (they are my favorite gutiar and i love comparing mine to others) and i have yet to run into one that is neck heavy.

HPIM6513.jpg

That is probably the best looking faded that I've seen

• Members

HPIM6513.jpg

That's it, I'm gettin an SG. BTW, the bolt heads where the tailpiece used to be is a nice touch....really......

• Members

HPIM6513.jpg

I hate to be a copycat, but I've made my SG very similar to this; it just looks so great! Only difference is that mine has a glossy finish now, I haven't gotten bolts to fill in the tailpiece holes yet, and I put on the metal capped knobs. When I get a camera, I'll post comparison pictures:cop:

• Members

Heyyh, has there been a time when Fadeds had ebony fretboards? I could swear that mine is ebony...
:confused:

The faded series were a ton better quality back then, they've slowly gone up in price (at least for the Les Paul) and have gone down in quality. I should have bought one back then, but oh well. They also had crescent moon inlays as well during that time. I think the switch was around mid 2003.

• Members

thanks for the nice words folks. i absolutely love this guitar. I think the faded series is really hit or miss. I was down at guitar center on friday, and i picked one up. It blew pretty hard. multi piece body that was just ugly, the setup was terrible, QC looked pretty bad.

mine however plays just as good as any standard, only i prefer it because once you break in the satin neck, its heaven. i must have gotten lucky, i ordered from MF.

im going to replace those bolts with something chromed to match the rest of the hardware... when i can find some. i put those in because the ground is in the tail piece holes and needed something to hold down a wire in there.

i also want new knobs but im debating on what kind to get exactly... probably the chrome tipped tophats

i think that covered all the stuff peeps said. if you can find a good one, the faded series is a great buy. i wish i had the equipment to post clips (and the skill to really push this thing to its limits)

Archived