Gretsch Electromatic G5120 owners

Danox3

• Members

What are you using for a case? What model and brand do you feel fits the best?

I'm using a gig bag, and it's not floating bridge friendly.

Need to find one so my girlfriend can get me one for x-mas, so any help is welcomed in advanced.

• Members

I don't have any advice to offer as far as hardshell cases for your gretsch. But I would love to hear your opion on the guitar. I've been looking at buying one for awhile and reveiws are hard to come by. To make things worse their are no gretsch dealers in the area to demo one.

• Members

920542983109_0_ALB.jpg' alt='>'>

Here's my 5120 in it's case. I believe it's a standard dred-sized case, and as you can see, it fits quite well. You can get a very similar case (archtop tolex-covered wood w/green interior) from Blackrider (http://home.insightbb.com/~blackriderguitars/cases.html) for $125.

PS - love my 5120. Give me that and a tele, and I'll conquer the world!

• Members

I don't have any advice to offer as far as hardshell cases for your gretsch. But I would love to hear your opion on the guitar. I've been looking at buying one for awhile and reveiws are hard to come by. To make things worse their are no gretsch dealers in the area to demo one.

LOVE IT!

Plays like a dream, has three very distinct tones and feedbacks so sweet. Very controllable. I play with very clean tone, and just a bit of grit, and a slight duck down to the speaker, and I can get this awesome low howl, sounds great when using the Bigsby.

It's a bit large, but it is so different than my other guitars (mostly Strats) it's very fun to play. I get a lot of compliments on it at shows. It's my first hollowbody, and I love I can play unplugged and get a really great sound out of it.

I also work with some diehard Gretsch owners, Chet Atkins and Brian Setzer models, and both guys played my $500 Gretsch, and were BLOWN AWAY at the quality and resemblance to their guitars.

Can't recommend it enough, think of getting the solid body G5235T as it's evil twin!

Archived