We got radio play!

philbo

• Members

I sent a compilation CD of our stuff from my band Tangent to KUNI (in Cedar Falls IA) a month or so ago, and they played a cut last Friday, and another last night!

This is a PBS college station, and it has a show "Down on the Corner" Friday nights from 8 to 10 PM hosted by Bob Dorr. The show plays music submitted by local/regional groups around here.

If you ever want to listen, they do a web stream at KUNIRADIO.ORG

It's probably not that big of a deal as far as some of you 'in the business' pros, but I was pretty thrilled about it. So were my bandmates.

• Members

Originally posted by philbo

It's probably not that big of a deal as far as some of you 'in the business' pros, but I was pretty thrilled about it. So were my bandmates.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno about other people, but every time I hear my band or my music on the radio or television, I do backflips of joy!!! :D

• Members

Originally posted by spokenward

Excellent. (I was born in Waterloo.) The Cedar Valley is famous for good taste. Mostly in hogs, but still...
:thu:;)

I didn't realize that KUNI had repeaters and translators across Iowa, as well as the webfeed. that's great!

Hogs in good taste? Or hogs that taste good?

Ha ha!

Yeah, both public radio and public TV here has pretty much one single program source with lots of local small repeaters to cover the entire state, more or less. There ARE several other public radio stations, but only KUNI has state wide coverage.

Archived