LP Jr. GAS

Woodstock7

• Members

i know what intonation is. I adjust it on my epi. i was just curious how accurate the bridge/tailpiece would be on these LP Jrs. Ok, so the P-90, i've heard that there's a double stacked hum canceling coil. is this correct? if so, where could i get it from?

Don't.

The Gibson P-100 just doesn't sound like a P-90. I had a Les Paul Special with P-100's and they just didn't get it.

If you want hum-canceling, get a 2 P-90 guitar (like an LP Special) with one pickup reverse-wound/reverse polarity so that the middle position is hum-cancelling.

• Members

Juniors are awesome guitars. I don't know anyone that uses 'em for metal, but they are a punk & blues rock tone monster. I've never understood why someone would need the Billy Joe or Custom Shop versions... it kind of defeats the purpose of a Jr. if you ask me. I'm completely satisfied with the standard model.

I think Gibson does a pretty crummy job with distribution though. I'm don't think I've ever seen one in the past 3 years or so in any retail shops, but they are available from online dealers.

Archived