60s Strats

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

Sean, you've gone insane.:D

That Gilmourish Strat that you so kindly sent my way is a FANTASTIC Strat...the nicest I own, and one of the nicest I've played.

Ask Charles about his '63 from a players point of view as opposed to his JB.

Unless of course you are talking investment.

I can say that a friend of mine was in the US recently and did intend to pick up a couple of pre CBS Fenders, but was scared off by the price...and he's a SERIOUSLY rich dude.

Of course, if you do buy one, a pleasant trip to Bath may be on the cards....

:thu:

• Moderators

Sean, you've gone insane.
:D

Gone?:p

I've just had one put in my hand, the guy said I can have it for 10, and the next lowest I can find is 13-14. I have a watch I could sell and get most of the money, but I just don't know. I think I'd prefer to pass the watch on, as I have two, so one for each son.....I think the excitement of holding it and giving it a quick noodle overwhelmed me.....I foresee a recovery....but if I ever do buy anything nice, a trip down will be compulsory, I'll just carry on building a hot rod 60s type thing:thu:

• Members

Gone?
:p
I've just had one put in my hand, the guy said I can have it for 10, and the next lowest I can find is 13-14. I have a watch I could sell and get most of the money, but I just don't know. I think I'd prefer to pass the watch on, as I have two, so one for each son.....I think the excitement of holding it and giving it a quick noodle overwhelmed me.....I foresee a recovery....but if I ever do buy anything nice, a trip down will be compulsory, I'll just carry on building a hot rod 60s type thing:thu:

My little project might take your mind of it for a while ;)

• Members

If you are looking for an original with no issues you will pay too much for it but if you are happy with an old refinish, refret, pickup rewind etc. you can pick one up here in England for between 4 and 5 grand which is the best option as they will sound just as good as it's what the wood is doing at a molecular level after nearly forty years that is important to the tone of the guitar. Check out www.guitarvillage.co.uk they have some decent ones.

Archived