Multiple amps or guitars?

abstract

• Members

Do you prefer fewer guitars and many amps...or do you prefer fewer amps and multiple guitars?

I seem to be moving towards many guitars and just one amp. The amp is a Fender Bassman Reissue...and since I just play for fun, I guess it's the best setup for me. If I did more recording, I'd probably be more interested in multiple amps.

So, do you tend towards more guitars or more amps?

• Members

I like to have a variety of guitars but I'm not a one amp guy, unless it's some kind of incredibly diverse but still good sounding amp. A few pedals goes a long way towards multiple amp versatility, though, unless you are very demanding with your tone.

So....both. I could live with a Les Paul or 335 and one good amp though, really, even if I don't want to.

• Members

I'm thinking I may want another amp if something cheap and good comes my way. My girlfriend and I both work for pawnshops, so our eyes are always open. As far as guitars, I have 6 electrics and 2 basses, plus a Jazzmaster on the way so I've told myself not to buy any more guitars this year unless its something vintage, cheap, and that I could sell for a couple grand.

• Members

Do you prefer fewer guitars and many amps...or do you prefer fewer amps and multiple guitars?

I seem to be moving towards many guitars and just one amp. The amp is a Fender Bassman Reissue...and since I just play for fun, I guess it's the best setup for me. If I did more recording, I'd probably be more interested in multiple amps.

So, do you tend towards more guitars or more amps?

When I first started hanging out on HCEG I was jumping on every inexpensive guitar flavor of the week. I don

Archived