Tremolo block question

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

Your question leads me to think that there might be a market for a trem-block that is so large, that it doesn't allow any tremolo movement at all.

It would slide-in from the back of the Strat, and once bolted to the bridge-plate, would turn the guitar into a, "hard-tail".

Any machinist out there want to give it a try? (It could even be made of wood, I guess)

• Members

Your question leads me to think that there might be a market for a trem-block that is so large, that it doesn't allow any tremolo movement at all.

It would slide-in from the back of the Strat, and once bolted to the bridge-plate, would turn the guitar into a, "hard-tail".

Any machinist out there want to give it a try? (It could even be made of wood, I guess)

Not a bad idea.

• Members

That's exactly what my tech used to block off this cheap ass LFR. It is
blocked by a piece of wood that keeps it level w/ .11's. Stays in tune very
well and the bridge knobs are good for fine tuning. For all intent and purpose
it's a FR hardtail, now.

wr3402.jpg

Archived