My Joe Bonamassa concert photos

seilerbird

• Members

I went to see Joe Bonamassa in Las Vegas last week and for $10 I got a front row ticket. Actually I was in front of the front row most of the time. I was shocked to find out they allowed cameras so I has my elbows propped up on the stage most of the evening and I took about 500 shots in less than two hours (god bless digital). Here is a link to my ten most favorite shots:

http://picasaweb.google.com/SeilerBird/JoeBonamassa

If you have Internet Explorer then you can push F11 and view the slideshow in full screen mode.

P.S. The concert was fantastic. Joe is mind-blowing. If you love blues and haven't heard this guy then check out Blues Deluxe to start with.

• Members

You lucky guy!!! What city was that located in?

I mostly saw him when his dads shop was in Utica, NY, on bank street. Then it was called bank street guitars. I used to walk in once a week after my college classes were over and just hang out for an hour or so. He was really skinny back then. He and I are about the same age. The shop was littered with Pictures of Joe on stage at various performances. At the time he seemed fairly quiet and a bit awkward, but you could tell the guy could play. Nice straight forward guy none the less. Anyhow, they definitely helped me in my guitar knowledge at the time, because I had only been playing for about a year or so.. Maybe that was 1998-1999. The shop moved to Clinton, NY, still named Bank Street guitars, where I got my Fender Lonestar Strat. Then it moved to Hamilton, NY years later. I'm not sure if he's still there or not. I haven't had a car in 3 years, so I can't really go anywhere when I visit home.

I knew a several other blues guys too; Tom Townsley( and the backsliders), Morris Tarbell (now Morris and the Hepcats). I hung out with those guys a lot and heard some really crazy stories. Central NY is a haven for blues.. especially Syracuse. I'm not sure many of the "blues cats" would acknowledge it though, because most I've met seem to have a skeptical view of one another.. hehe, maybe that's just a blues thing.

• Members

:mad:where are the other 490 shots?

:wave:

They are deleted. I am a professional and I take zillions of shots. If I kept them all it would be a full time job just sorting, photoshopping and backing them up. My usual MO is to only save one shot a day and delete all the rest. This way I only have the creme-de-la-creme. I know photographers who have every photo they have ever taken and they want to show them all to you, good or bad. That bores me to death. It is better to leave your audience wanting more than bored to death.

Archived