WHATS UP WITH LACE SENSORS

bmast160

• Members

Owned a Lace Sensor-loaded Strat Plus for a while: the PUs weren't bad at all. Certainly not bad enough for it to be a priority to swap them out, but not so fantastic that they'd be anywhere near the top of my list if I was shopping for a new set of PUs for an inadequately-pickupped Strat.

Sold the guitar in order to finance something else, but it certainly wasn't because of the Laces: I just couldn't get on with that skinny 90s rock-Strat neck.

• Members

I have an AD Strat S-1 and I recently did a "taste test" with my '06 MIM Strat. I put the same strings on both and played both through my Blues Deluxe RI. The AD Strat sounded much brighter and clearer through the front pickup. The MIM had more "spank" ...almost Tele sound through the bridge pickup. The AD just wasn't as bright. On the other other settings the AD sounded clearer and more articulate than the MIM. I don't know of this helps, but I found it somewhat surprising.

• Members
stratandlegacy.jpg

The American Deluxe Strat is on the left (G&L Legacy on the right).

I really like the pickups in the American Deluxe. Not as bright as the vintage pickups in my G&L, but good rock and roll pickukps.

I also have an American Standard Strat with the Red/Silver/Blue lace sensors and like it a lot. The red is in the bridge, so it is not a traditional sounding strat. The red lace sensor is not nearly as bright as most standard strat single coils.
fenderstrat2.jpg

Archived