Telecaster jones

TCEDDIA

• Members

I'm primarily a bass player and home-recordist. To round out my recordings, I recently bought a yamaha keyboard.

Now I'm looking to buy a tele, primarily for home recording purposes. Mind you, I don't play guitar but I confident that I'll be able to fake it well enough for recording purposes.

My budget ($400-450) dictates a MIM or a good used one. Is there any advice from the forum about what quality issues to look for in telecasters as well as do/don't buy on ebay or GC, etc? Speaking of GC, my local shop has a pretty little MIM in sunburst/maple neck that I would like to own.

Your thoughts, please.

Thank you.

• Members

Keep an eye on Craigslist..... I've jonesed that for years with great scores.... I got a MIJ Paisely Tele which turned out to be an unbelievable addition to my fleet for $500..... 2 years later these are coomon for $750...

I see hwy 1s and mij cij for $500 regularly......

• Members

I have 8 Teles in my collection, including Fenders and Squiers and several different models: Standards, Customs, a Deluxe, Highway One, Affinity, etc.). In my opinion, it is REALLY hard to go wrong with ANY Tele. Even my Squiers are great Teles. There are a lot of options at all price points, and it's hard to go wrong with a Tele. In fact, I have more Teles in my collection that any other guitar. (Next would be the Strat - I have 5). Teles are perhaps the best workhorse guitar made. Built like a tank, great sound, no frills, great playability.

Some of mine:

HPIM0368.jpg

HPIM0354.jpg

HPIM0337.jpg

HPIM0309.jpg

Archived