Eddie Vedder's new solo album "Into the Wild"

Hammer97e

• Members

I came across this album this past weekend while watching the movie of the same title "Into the Wild" which is a brilliant movie, but probably not for everyone. Anyways Eddie did the entire soundtrack and I picked it up this weekend and haven't stopped listening to it since. One of the better albums I have listened to lately.

It's primarily Eddie's vocals and guitar, pretty laid back powerful songs. Check it out if your into Eddie or Pearl Jam, it's definitely worth it.

Into the Wild

Gives me gas for an acoustic guitar!

• Members

I am just surprised I that this is the first I have heard of it. I agree the songs fit the events of the movie extremely well, which I still cannot fathom that it is a true story.

I think what makes the songs so great other than the melodic properties, is that everyone can relate to them and identify with them.

• Members

I came across this album this past weekend while watching the movie of the same title "Into the Wild" which is a brilliant movie, but probably not for everyone. Anyways Eddie did the entire soundtrack and I picked it up this weekend and haven't stopped listening to it since. One of the better albums I have listened to lately.

It's primarily Eddie's vocals and guitar, pretty laid back powerful songs. Check it out if your into Eddie or Pearl Jam, it's definitely worth it.

Gives me gas for an acoustic guitar!

Doesn't Kaki King play/write all the guitar parts on that?

• Members

Awesome movie. It's about a dude that is born into a wealthy family, and graduates college, and is thinking about going to law school. But he hates how robotic his parents are and people like them who are stuck on material things. So he sells everything he owns and sets out on his own adventure, penniless....literally. I loved it. Best movie of the past few years...and i am picky as hell.

The best part is, it's based on a true story.

• Members

Is this movie based on the book by the adventurer turned auther John Krakaur?

I am out of the loop but I have picked up that book and almost bought it ar least five times.

Wondering how the movie is.

Yes, it's based on that book, which is an interesting read. I just read it last week.

To the OP: "Hard Sun" has been played regularly here in Chicago for at least 6 weeks, but I haven't heard any of the other tunes. Thanks for the review.

• Members

Is this movie based on the book by the adventurer turned auther John Krakaur?

I am out of the loop but I have picked up that book and almost bought it ar least five times.

Wondering how the movie is.

I haven't seen the film yet, but the book is absolutely incredible. I bought it when it came out (in my lost 20's) and ended up buying copies of it for other people and passing my copy around.

It's not a happy story at all - but it did spur one of my friends to kind of drop what she was doing to go out and see America. She ended up doing an internship on a native American reservation in Arizona for a while -

Great book. I hope the film does it justice.

• Members

Great music! I bought the soundtrack over a month ago and love playing along to it.

Lately I play along to "Rise Up" with my acoustic - capo on 5th fret to match up with the mandolin.

Great book, great movie, great music. Pretty unusual to nail all three.

(PS- as already mentioned the movie may not be for everyone.)

• Members

I hadn't realize they play it on the radio, that's cool. I am not one to listen to the radio and it has been a long time since I have. The first I heard of it was while watching the movie and it just came out of nowhere and slapped me up it was so good that I had to get more and was on a quest for the album.

I am going to have to go get the book now.

Archived