Tune-O-Matic Post Adapter?

PetersReviews

• Members

Stewmac used to sell conversion posts for Nashville to ABR, I believe they were discontinued because the two bridges actually have different post spacing. And the metric falls right inbetween.

The most professional way to make the change would be to pull the large metric bushings and fill the holes with dowel rods and redrill for the new bridge.

The easiest thing to do is not make the change just for cosmetics.

• Members

Stewmac used to sell conversion posts for Nashville to ABR, I believe they were discontinued because the two bridges actually have different post spacing. And the metric falls right inbetween.

The most professional way to make the change would be to pull the large metric bushings and fill the holes with dowel rods and redrill for the new bridge.

Hmm... I just ordered a Fishman Powerbridge for my guitar and I was hoping that the conversion posts would let me just drop the Powerbridge right in. I hope that I don't have to redrill the holes!

• Members

Browns guitars make a Nashville to ABR conversion post in both a metric and 'merican sizing, its a funky little offset screw thing about $16 from memory.

I've converted all of my Gibsons so far, they work really well.

• Members

I'm curious as to why you want to add the smaller posts. Can you not find a bridge that you like with the larger posts?

I've been wanting to get one of the tune-o-matic bridges with piezos in it for acoustic sounds and the only ones I've found are for the smaller post sizes.

• Members

I've been wanting to get one of the tune-o-matic bridges with piezos in it for acoustic sounds and the only ones I've found are for the smaller post sizes.

Ah, that makes sense. I was trying to go the other way around, my LP came with smaller posts and I had a hard time finding anything to fit (I wanted black hardware) so I just drilled the holes to accept the large posts. Good luck with your search.

• Members

Hmmm.... The LR Baggs T-Bridge with piezos that Stewmac sells has the same post spacing as the Nashville bridge they sell - 2-15/16". They both use 5mm threaded posts, but the Nashville ones are fine thread and the Baggs ones are coarse thread. Maybe you could swap out the bushings...hmmm...

Alternately, the Schaller tun-o-matic that Stewmac sells uses the same size posts as their Nashville bridge, and I'm pretty sure the Schaller bridge is the one that Graphtech offers loaded with their Ghost piezo saddles, but the post spacing is 1/32" different.

Archived