I want to build a new rig, your thoughts?

Alchemist

• Members

I want a very mobile, very reliable small gig-rig...

My current rigs are as follows:

Mesa F-30 head into supersonic 4*12 cab, with a GT8 in the loop for harmonizer, delays, and other things... great for jazz and fusion, all the way into heavy stuff, but its a large size rig, and I wouldnt use it for a quick little sit-in, solo jazz gig, or going to jam with people....

Fender Twin Reverb with pedals: great tone, nice amp... but its big, and it can be a bitch to move around especially if all that clean headroom and size is not warranted, its also one of the american built ones, and in pristine condition, easy to ding up because of its size when moving around in tight areas (no damage yet but I've come close many times)...

Dr Z Mini Z into Dr Z 2*10 cab.... by far my nicest sounding most natural rig, but I think its too nice to drag to a questionable place, especially if its one of those places where theres no stage, people come close to you when you play, some beer gets spilled (seen it happen not long ago on a very nice vibrolux, made me sad)... not too keen on taking this out, this is more of a play at home to enjoy theraputic godly tone, or recording rig..... (but for a gig at a really nice place, i would have no problem using it)

so..... heres what I want to put together... please feel free to give other suggestions....

Guitar: probably my RG's because they hold tune so well, and a G&L Asat that I want to buy because they sound great..... probably wouldnt take my custom AC or G&L because they are fairly irreplaceable (well it would be a hassle to get new ones and I really love them... as much as one can love a guitar)..... into my pedalboard... into a simple, SMALL footprint, very reliable amp...

so for that amp, I'm thinking a used Mesa Mark I, or a Mesa SOB, they are built like little tanks, great tone, fairly versatile with a good pedalboard..... the SOB can be found in great shape for around $700 and a great shape Mark I for about $1000 or so...

any thoughts?.....

Archived