Pull Pot Upgrade ?

The Chosen Few

• Members

I'm not to sure exactly what the name of the upgrade is called and due to that I can't find it on the net.

I watched a review style video where the middle aged guy played a Gibson SG Electric. He talked about a "Tone Pot" upgrade and it was a device that went into the volume control knob, with 16 switchs to it.

When you pulled it up, the guitar became far more crystal and then after that he proceeded to explain the 16 switch positions that altered the tone.

Does anyone know what I am talking about ?

Would be awesome if someone could point me the way to this upgrade and give me some advice about it

Rock on guuys !:thu:

• Members

16 switch positions? Don't know what he means, but a typical modification is to use a push-pull volume or tone pot that will ground out one of your humbucker coils, effectively giving your guitar a clean single coil sound using the remaining coil.

You can tap both pickups at once, or you can put a push pull pot on the volume and tone with the volume tapping one humbucker, and the tone tapping the other.

I'm in the process of adding taps on the volume controls of 3 of my guitars.

• Members

Well I could have swore that he pulled the knob up to turn it on, and then he could turn it 16 different times to get different tones. I swear I saw him do it in this manner.

IT seemed like a great add on, but I can't remember the name for the life of me.

I was even at the site reading how they will be sold out for a while

hmmm

Archived