saw keith urban/carrie underwood last night

Sandman31774

• Members

carrie underwood was ok at best...her set was a little more rock oriented that the more country sound on her cd's. She even sang guns n roses paradise city which was actually kinda cool i thought...plus we were sitting up high to the side of the stage and could see her people helping her unzip and could almost see her change outfits :D:D she's a hottie IMO !!....anyway...the real deal is Keith Urban...that guy is a complete musician in my opinion..he played guitar, banjo, piano and made it all look easy..his guitar tone was awesome...the guy can play that is for sure...many les pauls, a les paul jr, a tele etc...some acoustics i couldn't identify but all sounded great....Hiwatt, and marshall amps on the stage but couldn't see what models they were...his band was really tight and awesome tone also...it was cool also, during the encore he wore an LSU football jersey for the Louisiana LSU football fans!!! seriously, even you hardcore metal guys...he put on a great concert and i'm now a big fan i must say. I knew a few of his songs but i'll be learning a few of his acoustic stuff since i'm on an acoustic kick anyway...if you get a chance i say give it shot and go see him live!!

• Members

I got to play on stage at a Keith Urban concert in December. It was when they were doing the "get a local drumline to play onstage" thing. I didn't know one single song of his, and listen to almost zero country music, but I didn't get bored at all. We got to hang backstage for a few hours (just a casual "hey guys, how ya' doin'" from Keith) and do a soundcheck and all. They have some major serious gear. Overall, even though I wouldn't have paid to go, it was a pretty memorable and fun day.

• Members
I love the songs Keith co-writes or has written for himself. His albums are sweet.

And Carrie Underwood is the real deal!!

Great concert!

Yeah, Carrie Underwood is real. She beats the hell out of the phonies like Johnny Cash, Merle haggard, Loretta Lynn and the rest. I really think new country is where it's at. :freak:

• Members

Oh heck yeah. Skin tight abs. Great looks and one hell of a guitarist/musician. Oooops. Wait a minute. Well, we can't have it all.

I do agree with you guys about Brad Paisley and Keith Urban. Both are fine musicians.

As far as Underwood goes. Well, let's see how far Nashville can take her. Did I say that?

• Members

I'm a Keith Urban fan. I don't love everything he's done but he's really done some great songs and you can't deny his ability. I enjoy him a lot more than Brad Paisley. Though Paisley is a monster player, I can't stand any of his songs...

• Members

I really don't like much country music, but when Keith Urban is playing I will listen, and when I am flipping past CMT and see a Keith Urban video I stop to watch. I really enjoy his playing, the guy just pours out tons of energy.

Archived