Hagstrom Guitars?

StratoSlacker

• Members

Purdy.

Here's some beauty shots of my Super. God, I'm such a tool.

(Hope the link works!)

That is really nice. Unfortunately us lefties get the shaft, it's either black or gold-top. Hagstrom really do make some nice colours and finishes for the righties. Not to mention it's hard to get a lefty Super Swede in the first place. I have been told that they exist, but I have yet to see one live in the wild.

--- D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't overly impressed with one of the lower end models of the brand I tried out. I'm not sure of the model, but it was sort of like a gold top LP. First guitar I tried the nut securing the output jack fell off in my hand and the jack fell into the cavity and I could not plug it in. The second guitar of the same model I tried I was able to plug in, but was unimpressed. Felt and sounded cheap. I'll stick with my strat and tele.

• Members

I wasn't overly impressed with one of the lower end models of the brand I tried out. I'm not sure of the model, but it was sort of like a gold top LP. First guitar I tried the nut securing the output jack fell off in my hand and the jack fell into the cavity and I could not plug it in. The second guitar of the same model I tried I was able to plug in, but was unimpressed. Felt and sounded cheap. I'll stick with my strat and tele.

Yup, from what I've read that happens to a lot of the Hagstroms. It happened to me just this past weekend. For it to be such a common problem, it must be intentional for some really bad reason. Maybe they don't want to over-tighten them? Who knows, but it's a bit silly to say the least. The jack needs a lock washer or some loc-tite or something. It's the kind of thing that just gives a bad impression.

--- D

• Members

Pics of my Swede:

The top:

2008_02_15010.jpg

The back:

2008_02_15016.jpg

The pics don't do it justice. There's just a bit of glitter in the gold top and the finish on the back makes the mahogany look dark and deep.

--- D

Meh, that's a lefty too. Now I'm pretty much sold on them. That will be my next guitar.

• Members

Yeah, the swede is gibson-scale and the super swede is fender-scale.

The swede has a "tone filter" switch on the lower horn of the guitar but I'm not sure how useful it is. I suppose it could be wired as a coil tap. The super swede has a coil tap switch, next to the tone/volume controls.

--- D

• Members

hey i got a question to hagstrom f200p/f200 owners, i own a sg its quite nice but what i hate about it its that the headstock tilts down when im not holding the neck when playing standing up, so my question is does the f200 guitars do that too? looks like the strap holder is on the backside like on a sg. thanks in advance. :phil:

• Members

hey i got a question to hagstrom f200p/f200 owners, i own a sg its quite nice but what i hate about it its that the headstock tilts down when im not holding the neck when playing standing up, so my question is does the f200 guitars do that too? looks like the strap holder is on the backside like on a sg. thanks in advance. :phil:

bump...

• Members

I haven't noticed it at all but I think my guitar is balanced a little better than an SG,I haven't touched a SG in years though.

Also my F200 is a 40mm body while all the others(f200P/F300/F301) besides the deluxe are 45mm.

Roy nice Hag!

• Members

I just don't think I'll ever regret paying $265 including a hard case for the guitar and doubt I could get anything as nice for that price or even for a little more,I want to get a G400 and compare them side by side 1 day but Harley is taking my extra loot right now.bikerthumbup.gif

• Members

I haven't noticed it at all but I think my guitar is balanced a little better than an SG,I haven't touched a SG in years though.

Also my F200 is a 40mm body while all the others(f200P/F300/F301) besides the deluxe are 45mm.

Roy nice Hag!

nice man, would you say it balances like a strat?

Archived