fender, worth it to go american?

greg182

• Members

I think it does worth if the difference is not that big for your pocket..The american ones are surely 100% fine in every aspect and they are just a bit overpriced due to the brand, not like a Gibson tha is 1356% overpriced and is a piece of crap nowadays.

• Members

+1. I literally played every strat in the store until i found THE ONE. When you do, it wont matter whether its MIM or MIA cause its what your looking for. I know have one CIJ strat and a MIA on the way and they are exactly what i want.

+1

When I bought a Strat back in January, I played every Strat in three different GCs, plus the various other guitar/gear shops around here. Price wasn't an concern, as I had just been paid for a consulting gig. When the smoke cleared, I picked up a used American Standard from 2003 (second place was a new EJ); it just sounded the best of them all.

ew

• Members

If not a new American Standard Tele, going for just over a grand now, try the Classic Players Baja Tele, a very well-made MIM but custom shop designed, for about $799. Sounds great, with custom shop PU's. The American Tele's are, as a general rule, of higher quality than the MIMs and come with much better PU's, with exceptions of course.. An American made Highway 1 Tele (lots of love in this forum) would be a good compromise price-wise for an American Tele.

Ditto to that. Fender must have had a bit of a hiatus in the brain department when they decided to put this one out. I have a Baja and I believe it beats most americans that I have played hands down... however I hear you can get some rough ones if not careful.

• Members

I own both. The American Fenders are worth it. They stay in tune better over heavy use. One difference not mentioned is the Alnico PUPs sound better in high volume situations. At low Volume. MIM are pretty close. However, if you perform outside your bedroom go American or change the PUPs.

• Members
i found my dream tele as an MIM 50s Classic. i also had an MIM with an ash body that was great. i've played Fenders across the board that were amazing, and others that were terrible.

That MIM with ash body, could that have been a 1994-1997 MIM? My first choise is an ash Tele, but that's just because of the sunburst it can have.

Here is one of them:
9799d1205719303-me-its-all-about-sunburs

PS. Help I'm a cop! :cop:

• Members

I have a MIM Fender Strat. I LOVE it. I'll keep it forever. The neck on it feels great to play on. It sounds awesome. I recommend the MIM guitars.

I had a MIA Fender Strat. I loved it! I actually sold it last week, I only sold it so I could get ahead on some bills. It was a very nice guitar. I recommend the MIA if you can afford one. Plus there's always the used route.

I've played a Highway 1 Strat and it was sweet! If I was going to buy another Fender guitar, I'd probably pick up a Highway 1 Strat or Tele.

I would also certainly check out another MIM if I was in the market for another Strat/Tele.

Archived