Stage Presence

FFStratophile

• Members

I can't be considered anywhere near a clean player even standing still and even during reasonably simple riffs :freak:. However, from the audience's perspective they would rather see you move around and act like a rock star (and you will certainly not hit every note doing this) while you are playing rather than watch you stand perfectly still and hit every note perfectly. Hell, they might not even notice if you do screw up unless its a total train wreck. That doesn't mean you have to move constantly though.

Since I've got long hair that I wear down while playing I've developed a little trick to help me get back on track if I lose my left hand position while moving around and not look like I'm lost. I just bend way over and get my hair to cover my fretboard and do a small head-banging maneuver, and that gives me a chance to actually look at what I'm doing long enough to get back on track, but it seems to the audience that I am totally rocking out!

• Members

Solution:

Muhammad Sucimez's ninja stance as exemplified here from 0:12 to 0:19
[YOUTUBE]KA67UNstFWM[/YOUTUBE]
You're staying in place so you can concentrate better and it looks badass...

Now for jumping around maybe next time you go to practice you could practice while doing EVH jumps?

• Members

I know that's not the music most guys here lsiten to due to age but the guys of The Dillinger Escape Plan impressed me the most... I would give up playing their freaked out stuff after one minute due to carpel tunnel syndrome and those guys manage to go nuts on stage, climb fullstacks n run around all the time...

I don't get it... it's probably a lot of practice and a solid guitar position...

Archived