Gibson SG Value Please help noob

theDan

• Members

Hey I'm a drummer and I'm selling two of my drumsets on Craiglist. I got one offer from a guy who said he had a 1992 Gibson SG that'd he'd want to trade me. This sounds like good news to me cause the set I'm selling is worth only $650 new. So my question to you guys is how much is this guitar worth (like if i were to try and sell it) and would any of you guys want it (before i list it on craigslist). Any opinion is appreciated. Thanks

• Members

from what i've seen, standards tend to go for a tiny bit more, but yeah. it's reasonable, regardless.

exactly, I mean if it was a faded model.... thats borderline really

anything else though is considerable.

• Members

that looks to be an SG special, since it has humbuckers, dot inlays and no neck binding and the gibson logo is screened, not inlayed.

a brand new special goes for around 700 bucks new these days, according to a quick look on musiciansfriend.

used ... 400 or maybe 500 (pushing it, really) at MOST.

• Members

the SG special i had back in the day (mid 90s) that was my baby for a LONG time, i bought brand new for right around 600 or 700 i think.

but yeah, that was like 10 years ago.

damn, i'm gettin old.

they are about 1k these days, and yeah youre pretty old.

Give it up already old timer

• Members

Thanks guys, so would you say it's a safe bet to go ahead and trade with this guy and try to get more mileage out of my dollar? I asked him for more info on the guitar yesterday, I should get a reply hopefully sometime today.

Archived