Dilemma

xoeo

• Members

So for the longest time I have been considering putting EMGs in one of my guitars,because I am playing second guitar for my brothers death metal band.I decided against it now but I thought,hey! I should buy a cheap ass guitar from rondo music and put emgs in it and use it :).Which model do you think I should buy to do this with?

• Members

I was thinking >=150$ so after I buy the emgs it would = about 300$ If I put a 81/85 combo in that I might as well just buy myself a MIJ standard strat
:D

There's nothing wrong with MIJ Strats but, it won't sound like an EMG'd guitar which ought to have a warmer tone at the bridge.

Also, if you play Fenders with single coils most of the time, switching between them and a Humbuckered guitar is a pita because your amp settings will have to be altered.

For me,...it's Fenders all night long or Gibsons all night long. No mixing because there's no matching. Unless each has it's own amp. And still,...all rooms sound a bit different. So after I get used to the room and the stage volume, I don't like to have to do it all over again with a totally different guitar.

When I'm gigging, I don't want to have to think too much.

Archived