wolf guitars

angus_old

• Members

They've got some cool & weird stuff. I found this site that lists minimum purchase amounts and import information.

http://www.hiseoultrade.com/co/k/khlguitar/index.html

Does anyone know any other sites like this for other Korean or Chinese guitar manufacturers. I know there was a foreign guitar group buy thread a while ago, but the search function isn't working for me ATM.

• Members

There is Unsung in Korea. A lot of these companies require you to have a minimum of 100 pieces or even more before they'll begin production. Wolf will sell you 12 pieces of the same model and color but ship it only by air which is very expensive. I'm researching group buys myself.

• Members

Originally posted by Scout4118

There is Unsung in Korea. A lot of these companies require you to have a minimum of 100 pieces or even more before they'll begin production. Wolf will sell you 12 pieces of the same model and color but ship it only by air which is very expensive. I'm researching group buys myself.

Sweet...let us know what you find out please. :)

• Members

Anyone seen anything newer from Wolf than the 2004 catalog that's online at wolfguitar.com? I ask because KHL/Wolf was widely believed to be the manufacturer for Nelsonic, whom Nelsonic dropped when they moved production from Korea to China last year.

KHL is a Korean company, but that doesn't mean that they actually build in Korea.

• Members

My Wolf 540TM, as delivered:

Wolf540TM3-3-2005005.jpg

And with the switch trim ring, as it looks now:

P3190096.jpg

They made a few with ebony boards and Alnico 5 pickups. This is one of them, bought through Ampworx in PA. Plays wonderfully, neck pup is pretty sweet, but the bridge pup needs a change. They have it decaled as "Rockey Series", though. :rolleyes:

Good headstock, one-piece mahogany neck, long neck tenon and full thickness maple cap. I'll probably end up dropping a pair of Seth Lovers into it.

• Members

i sanded the finish off the back of the neck, replaced the pots, pickups and switch. Eventually I rewired it for just a single volume knob, and flipped the pickup switch a'la Wolfgang style. It's a nice, solid beater that I don't sweat getting dinged or scratched.

• Members

Originally posted by jeffcoop

Anyone seen anything newer from Wolf than the 2004 catalog that's online at wolfguitar.com? I ask because KHL/Wolf was widely believed to be the manufacturer for Nelsonic, whom Nelsonic dropped when they moved production from Korea to China last year.

KHL is a Korean company, but that doesn't mean that they actually build in Korea.

Wolf has facilites in both countries(Korea & China) I believe it just depends on the series where it's manufactured.

• Members

Got a few guitars from them.

Very good quality. I was very impressed.

www.wolfguitars2.com

www.wolfguitars3.com

Average cost including shipping $160

They outsource to places like China & Vietnam. Parts are made in Korea but the production of the actual guitars are not.

There are several manufacturers located in Asia. Too many to list. Some are good...some bad.

So far Wolf or KHL produces some good quality guitars.

Maybe I will sell a few...hmmm

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I'm digging the red tele thinline knockoff GOTCW...that map/wal/map board is pretty neat...

I'd buy one...let me know about a group buy...

Is that the one with the P 90s?

I believe they build for Raven West also.

Archived