NGD Fender Tele Thinline (special edition)

Karma1

• Members
I've seen the Aztec Gold Tele - very nice! I bought my 1st Tele in '94 (a Fender Tele Special, which I don't own anymore). Curently. I have 6 Fender Teles - the 2 Tele Pluses and the Thinline like yours and in ordeer below, a 90's Custom, an American Standard and an FMT Custom and can always be tempted to buy another. In my arsenal of guitars, there's always room for another Tele!
:thu:
3RosewoodTeles.jpg

Dude - you are truly the king of Tele's!
I was giving myself a hard time in buying this Thinline because I already had one Tele and didn't "need" another. But seeing your collection, somehow makes it easier for me to justify it.

Just curious, if you could only keep one the Tele's in your collection, which would it be? (ie. your favorite) If I had to pick one of yours it would be the blueburst Tele Plus, just based on looks alone - awesome looking guitar!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Dude - you are truly the king of Tele's!

I was giving myself a hard time in buying this Thinline because I already had one Tele and didn't "need" another. But seeing your collection, somehow makes it easier for me to justify it.

Just curious, if you could only keep one the Tele's in your collection, which would it be? (ie. your favorite) If I had to pick one of yours it would be the blueburst Tele Plus, just based on looks alone - awesome looking guitar!

It would definitely be the Blueburst Tele Plus - it plays as great as it sounds and looks! I actually bought the Crimsonburst Tele Plus first because it was in the store and I would have had to wait 6 weeks for the Blueburst one if I ordered it. Russ, the guy who sold it to me ordered the blueburst and told me I could trade the crimsonburst one in for the blueburst one when it came in (no extra charge). About a month later I walked in and saw the blueburst one hanging on the wall - my jaw dropped and I asked if that was the one I ordered. It was, but Russ thought I was happy with the crimsonburst one. Well, I was, but I had to have the blueburst. I went home, got the crimsonburst, traded it in and ended up with the blueburst one. It's been my favorite guitar since. However, about 3 months later I bought back the Crimsonburst one at a $200 discount because one of the employees had accidentally put a small chip in it - they even had it cosmetically touched up (hardly noticeable). It isn't often that you get the opportunity to get back something that you regret getting rid of. It's nice to get lucky once in a while. Have fun with those Teles, you've got one that I know is great and the other is similar to my FMT, which is a joy to play.:thu:

• Members
It isn't often that you get the opportunity to get back something that you regret getting rid of. It's nice to get lucky once in a while. Have fun with those Teles, you've got one that I know is great and the other is similar to my FMT, which is a joy to play.
:thu:

Yes, second chances are rare. Cool story.

Your FMT is very similar to my goldtop Tele. It came with DiMarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton humbuckers with coil-split switch. It's definitely the most versatile guitar I own. The neck pu in single coil mode has great Fender chime, and the bridge in humbucker mode with distortion covers Gibson territory pretty well and gives me the thick Santana-type lead tone I like. Not a typical Tele, but I like it.

Archived