bridge saddles

70sstrat

• Members

They all do the job. IMHO, the best saddles you can use on a Strat are GraphTech Stringsavers, along with a Graphtech nut... your guitar will stay in tune MUCH better, and you'll break fewer strings too.

For stock Strat saddles, I like the sheetmetal/bent type the best, any cast saddle the least.

Stock plastic nuts are one of the reasons a Strat goes out of tune. ;)

• Members

They all do the job. IMHO, the best saddles you can use on a Strat are GraphTech Stringsavers, along with a Graphtech nut... you'r guitar will stay in tune MUCH better, and you'll break fewer strings too.

For stock Strat saddles, I like the sheetmental/bent type the best, any cast saddle the least.

Stock plastic nuts are one of the reasons a Strat goes out of tune.
;)

I've never had a problem with strings breaking. What does graphite do to the sound of the guitar. (again I've heard people say they don't chang the sound)

• Members

There is a reason that they have changed over the years. The new ones is the gooder ones

The hard core vintage guys would have a field day with that comment. But logically it makes sense. Then again I'm leaning to the 70s cast just because I have an unhealthy love for 70s stratocasters. (but theres no way you could have know that :))

• Members

The hard core vintage guys would have a field day with that comment. But logically it makes sense. Then again I'm leaning to the 70s cast just because I have an unhealthy love for 70s stratocasters. (but theres no way you could have know that
:)
)

I ve got a couple guitars with vintage "no slot" saddles. The strings move around on um when you finger pick unless you file a groove into um. Bugs the shit outta me

Archived