is it cruel to put a bell on the collar of a cat?

• Members

This is just pertaining to cats who actually have an area to roam in and see other wildlife, not apartment cats.

If you want to let your cat outside, I recommend using this handy Cat Carrier and taking your pet out for a walk.

You get the benefit of some exercise and closeness with your animal companion.

For what it's worth, I think bells are cruel and a violation of the animal's personal space.

My 2 cents.:)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

(And I thought I didn't do poo threads.) Maybe so. I have 5 cats. A mother and her offspring. 3 litter boxes. Not a pleasant task I agree. But I'll not soon forget paper training a large German Shepherd puppy, nor the day when he had a very sudden need and we did not get to the back door in time and I was treated "live" to the most DISGUSTING mess on the KITCHEN floor. EWWWWW. (I have a new kitchen floor now.) Anyway, he's 112 pounds now and I do bomb patrol in the backyard. Um...I dunno, maybe you need better kitty litter.

To each their own?
:lol:

ewww. paper training a dog?!? i let mine outside. although it would be funny to see my dog taking a {censored} on the toilet. mine is only 88lbs... though she does leave horse sized stinkers.

just someting about scooping litter... maybe doing it the past 7 years because once the wife got knocked up and couldnt do it, it became my job [somehow permanently]... they have "good litter" if there is such a thing, clumps it all up. still i am letting them out as much as possible to go outside rather than me have to clean their mess up.

• Members

Cats can also do revenge, and spite.

-The workboot incident I mentioned earlier. It was revenge. That same cat has a glossy 4x6 photo fetish, tears them to bits, and was even opening desk drawers to get to them! The more memories destroyed the better it seemed. I eventually put the survivors in a steel box with a lock, and that's when he nailed my boots!
:mad:
I was a bit cool to this cat for a while, but their have been no new defilings, and he's pretty neato otherwise.

"Watch out Jack,

I'm Fat Freddies Cat.

I'll piss in your boots

and {censored} in your hat."

- Gilbert Sheldon

Archived