Please help talk me out of this... (Hamer SATF Content)

Hammer97e

• Members

Stop by my local shop today, to see if my footswitch for my SCXD was in, which it wasn't and has been on backorder for 4 months, at I see this beauty on the wall, with the gorgeous clearance price tag of $240! I really would like another guitar, though I was thinking LP or tele, but I don't think I can pass this up. I really don't need another guitar, not to mention the Mrs would kill me if I brought another guitar home.

Anybody have experience with the Hamer SATFP90?? I know the SATF's gets lots of love around here, but how about the P90 version?

satfp90_lg.jpg

• Members

That guitar wouldn't interest me that much, but you're crazy if you think the crowd here is going to talk you out of it.

They'll wait for you to buy it, and congratulate you with pictures of large-breasted women.

• Members

That guitar wouldn't interest me that much, but you're crazy if you think the crowd here is going to talk you out of it.

They'll wait for you to buy it, and congratulate you with pictures of large-breasted women.

Bingo!

That looks like a bargain at 240.00, maybe there more room to negotiate. Go for it and get ready to collect your boobie pics!

• Members

A local shop has a bunch of those Hamer models (p-90's and humbucker equipped) and I havent played any that I really liked all that much and I really wanted to like them. Perhaps they are just set up poorly or something. I hope its not a China thing. Anyway, I hope everyone else has more luck than I have.

• Members

I was waiting for your approval Frets, lol, I think it's the P90 thing thats keeping me on the fence, just not that familiar with them, though I am sure they will work for me. I keep thinking I should keep saving for a Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet w/ bigsby, but I think I will regret not getting the Hamer, and how can you not get a Hamer when your name is Hammer??

• Members

If that's Korean, those can go over $250 used...so $240 new is a good price.

If you dont like the p-90's, you could swap some mini-humbuckers in the same space.

The only thing i dont like about those is the necks seem slim and wide to me...the one i played anyway. Kinda like a cross between an Ibanez width and Gibson slim taper thickness...and the pickups kinda suck.

But if you like the neck, i'd go for it, you can swap pups and have a sweet guitar for a nice price.

• Members

If that's Korean, those can go over $250 used...so $240 new is a good price.

If you dont like the p-90's, you could swap some mini-humbuckers in the same space.

The only thing i dont like about those is the necks seem slim and wide to me...the one i played anyway. Kinda like a cross between an Ibanez width and Gibson slim taper thickness...and the pickups kinda suck.

But if you like the neck, i'd go for it, you can swap pups and have a sweet guitar for a nice price.

This one is an Indonesian one. If it was Korean it would be at my house already.

• Members

I'd take it. The pickups are kinda trashy, but you can easily replace them for the $100-$150 you're saving if you're so inclined. As long as you can play it first, of course (the one I ordered sight unseen had massive setup issues and poor fretwork, as well as badly installed pickups).

• Members
  • Members

hmm, how do you feel about polishing a turd?
:lol:

Do you think their is quite a big difference between Korean and Indonesian?? With the visual inspection I gave it I was surprised at the quality of it. I have heard that the switch and pots are crap on the Indonesian models, which is a simple and cheap fix.

• Members

I bought the same guitar in the gold top version a few months back. I got it new for $230 because the store was not going to carry Hamer anymore. I love it! It's one of my favorites to play (I own a Dot, LPVM, MIM Strat too). I think the pickups are pretty good actually.

You need to buy the guitar.:cop:

Hamer-1.jpg

• Members

I bought the same guitar in the gold top version a few months back. I got it new for $230 because the store was not going to carry Hamer anymore. I love it! It's one of my favorites to play (I own a Dot, LPVM, MIM Strat too). I think the pickups are pretty good actually.

You need to buy the guitar.
:cop:

Hamer-1.jpg

Thanks for the post, where was yours made?? Do you or did you have any issues with yours.

The 240 includes a Hamer gigbag and a setup with fresh strings. Its at the shop that does all my initial setups, so that saves me $30 and I know he does a damn good job.

Archived