AGILE AD-2300 JR...watcha think?

kidvybes

• Members

...I've been looking over P90 options in the $300-400. range and frankly the Dillion (Canada) is Chinese built with no-brand tuners and one P90...the US Dillion, although Korean built, has an Alder body and Maple neck...the Eastwood is Chinese built with a Basswood body and Maple neck with no-brand tuners (my $69. Squier '51 has the Basswood/Maple combination with no-name tuners!)...only the Agile has a Mahogany body, Mahogany neck, Grover tuners and 2 P90's (odd body shape and no wraparound bridge, damn!)...and the Agile is less money...so what's the verdict on this model?...I know some of you guys have 'em...give me the straight talk pleeeze!...

http://www.rondomusic.com/ad2300jr.html

• Members

I have the Yellow version. It's an OK guitar. The white one looks nice. I really had to work to get the setup right. It's neck heavy also. Not a problem with me. For the cost, I say hit it.

000_0046.jpg

• Members

The 2300 is very heavy and has chintzy ceramic P 90's.. The body wood is not very resonant, at leat not on the one I owned.. I had mine all of a week and ditched it... PLEASE do yourself a favor, check out a lightly used PRS Soapbar SE.. Its easily one of the best guitars I have ever owned, and IMHO compares favorably to a US built PRS[i had 4 of them and sold them all.. KEPT the Soapbar SE].. Feather light resonant mahogany body, GOOD Alnico P 90's, a great soft feeling neck.. immaculate fret work,Just an elegant guitar that makes the 2300 look really bad... They go around $375 on ebay.. I got mine for $350, and have seen them used for $299... bob

• Members

.. Feather light resonant mahogany body, GOOD Alnico P 90's, a great soft feeling neck.. immaculate fret work,Just an elegant guitar that makes the 2300 look really bad... They go around $375 on ebay.. I got mine for $350, and have seen them used for $299... bob

my 2300 isnt heavy and is well balanced and fairly resonant. you might have just got a bad one.

the pickup are ok, though they dont really suit my style i find.

for the price its a good little guitar. i wish they would make a higher end version of it though.

• Moderators

my 2300 isnt heavy and is well balanced and fairly resonant. you might have just got a bad one.

the pickup are ok, though they dont really suit my style i find.

for the price its a good little guitar. i wish they would make a higher end version of it though.

Shall we talk about Agile's loose use of the term "mahogany"?;)

• Members

Consider getting one of these Epiphone Juniors used. They go for $100 to $150.

Stock these are not bad at all, and you have money for neat upgrades like a better bridge or a Lollar P-90, and you've got a screamer for about the same price as the Agile.

• Members

Shall we talk about Agile's loose use of the term "mahogany"?
;)

hey! they top on that agile is real mahogany!

the back, {censored} if i know :)

overall though its a sweet little guitar, and as mentioned, pickups can be swapped if they dont suit ones style.

a note on the shape in case someones curious... its basically identical bodyshape wise to the gibson DC juniors of old. all theyve done is mess with the horns a bit. so if youve played a real one and found it comfy (or uncomfy) this one will be much the same. theres also a nice tummy cut on the back.

Archived