Replacing Epi LP & LP Supreme pots Which ones?

budkingston

• Members

I want to replace the pots in an Epiphone (Korean) LP Custom with the Jimmy Page conversion. I did a search and was confused as to which pots I needed. Is it the long shafts? (Small pots?)

I also have a LP Supreme, a Chinese copy, and I MUST replace the pots in it also. I would like to do the Page conversion, but chances are that I can't even fit them in the guitar. Can anyone tell me what pots I need to convert to Page or just to replace to Gibson LP spec?

I also need to replace the selector switch on the LP Supreme, any ideas on what it takes?

I contacted the tech at Guitar Electronics and they can't (or won't) answer, just telling me to pull and compare. I can't do this due to location. I would greatly apprecaite your help

• Members

You need short shaft pots.

The long shafts are only needed for Gibson LP's that have that metal plate in the cavity that all the electronics mount to.

For the Page setup, you need 4 push/pull 500K pots.

That would be a pain to do on a Supreme since everything has to fit through the output jack hole.

• Members

For the Page setup, you need 4 push/pull 500K pots.

That would be a pain to do on a Supreme since everything has to fit through the output jack hole.

Thanks.

That is what I was thinking. Do you know if they are the small pots? And what about the toggle switch?

• Members

Thanks.

That is what I was thinking. Do you know if they are the small pots? And what about the toggle switch?

Epi's came with either small pots or standard size pots. It depends on which factory the guitar was built at.

If you're upgrading, go with normal sized pots. The small ones are usually pretty low quality.

A short or long toggle will work. You have to use a deep thread nut on it though. Here's some on the bottom of this page:

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/electrical_toggleswitches.htm

Archived