Nashville Tele? Question for Tele enthusiasts.

slodge

• Members

Looking to add a Tele to the flock and am intrigued by the Nashville Teles.

Only had brief hands on time though, and am wondering about other opinions. Does the 3 PUP configuration sacrifice the "tele sound" at all? I like the fact that it has other tonal options, but I would be getting it to be a tele first and foremost.

I'm guessing that the neck or bridge positions would be the same, but that you would sacrifice the "both PUP" position for the more strat-like options. Maybe some of you Tele lovers can clue me in as to if I'm right and how much of a sacrifice would that be. Is the "both" position used much typically?

It's a very well made guitar that I contend is as good as any MIA I've ever played. I like it's stock config but I realize the neck-bridge tone tele option is not available without a mod.

The neck and bridge pups sound tele. The neck has one of the warmest tele tones I've ever heard.

• Members

I have a Am Std tele thats been nashville'd. If you want to retain the teleness of the guitar I would sugest replacing the stock 5 way switch with a Mega E switch from stewmac (made by schaller). Its just like a regular 5way switch but the middle position gives you neck/bridge like a tele. Its really the best of both worlds. the middle position of a strat is totally worthless to me and I use this switch on my strats as well.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Switches_and_knobs/1/Megaswitches.html

3484_detail.gif

Archived