NGD - Cranberry LP

rob999

• Members

Well I picked up one of the Cranberry Gibson LPs from MF on the SDOTD.

It came today and I am hesitant.... this is my first Gibson and I should be friggin' psyched. I picked it up from UPS and the first thing I noticed was that the sticker from Gibson was faded very yellow...OK maybe the box was in the sun.

Then I opened the box and removed the case, a sticker was obviously on the outside of the case and then removed. The case is also just kinda beat up.

Next I opened the case, and .......damn the bridge pickup ring is cracked.

The good news is that the rest of the guitar seems to be fine, I found a VERY small scratch on the back and I think that will buff out, does not look like it is through the nitro.

I plan on calling MF in the AM...but I am not sure what I want to ask them for... at $1199 it is hard to complain too much... ($1699-$500 rebate).

Think they will send me a new case and pickup ring?

I just looked up the serial and it was made on the 152nd day of '07...

Here are pics:

• Members
...at $1199 it is hard to complain too much...

Regardless of what you paid, you're getting a brand new instrument, not a second or a blem. You have every right to complain. And the guitar had a price of $2300-$2500. I would expect an awesome instrument, even if it was the SDOTD.

And happy NGD

( o Y 0)

(This boobies had poor quality control, but they're free) :D

• Members

Yea, I feel your pain there. I got a LP clone from guitarfetish, and it was perfect, the case as well. $300. They shoulda treated you better...however, those issues with it are real fixable.

• Members

my name is aslan, my dad leopardstar won't be around, but i will still rate guitars. cuz thats what a world famous guitar kitten does. on this one i say 4 paw's, and a tail tip up.
:thu::thu::thu::thu::thu:

oh and as you humans say...
HNGD

Archived