How is the new Jekyl and Hyde version 2 pedal?

• Members

I was just curious how the new red Jekyl and Hyde compares to the older silver version? Is there any difference in sound characteristics or anything? I know that it also comes with an internal component to reduce noise, does that affect anything about it? Any help would be great or any advice based on personal experience! Thanks guys!

• Members

Doesn't it also come with a second mode switch? I know the old H20 only had a short/long delay switch and the new one has a lushness switch on the chorus side as well.

Besides the new Jeckyl and Hyde, there's one that combines one J&H channel with one of the channels from Route 66.

• Members

Actually, they are now on version three of the Jekyll/Hyde pedal (called V2). The original red version added a bass boost to the Jekyll side of the pedal (the tube screamer side) and they upgraded some of the internal components.

The latest version (V2 pedals) has a redesigned case that is a bit smaller (very nice!), but the circuit is (I believe) about the same. I have the first red version of the Jekyll/Hyde as my only OD on my pedal board and love it. The upgrades from the original silver version are well worth the little bit extra it might cost. I may eventually get the newest version to save real estate on my pedal board (I also use the Visual Sound H2O...).

• Members

I own the V2 J&K pedal, I don't know ...it's ok but nothing special IMO, never had the first one so I can not compare - for the money you can do better, for example you can get a MI Audio pedal for the same price that will blow the J&K pedal away in term of sound quality, not as versatile but if you don't like the tone than who cares how versatile it is?

Archived