The borders between jazz, blues, rock...where is it?

• Members
" Borders ? We don't need no stinking borders."

Oh, wait, that was "badges"....
:lol:

The hilarity of that quote is that it's WRONG, even! It was "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" from the Treasure of the Sierra Madre, so hey...

• Members
Haha, no problem. I'm not the top to say "________ is awesome, BLARGH" but I have to make an exception with Miles, especially Bitches Brew

The hilarity of that quote is that it's WRONG, even! It was "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" from the Treasure of the Sierra Madre, so hey...

Point taken. Still, by shortening it I think I firmed up the punchline. "I don't have to show you any stinkin' borders." just doesn't work within the context of the joke......:lol:

• Members

Hmmmm. Tough one. "Futurama" maybe ?

No, funny thing about that... It was a fake internet meme that started on imdb.com. But it sounds so much like a line from a teen-oriented comedy that everyone seems to think it was in a movie or show of some sort.

• Members

No, funny thing about that... It was a fake internet meme that started on imdb.com. But it sounds so much like a line from a teen-oriented comedy that everyone seems to think it was in a movie or show of some sort.

Interesting..... Yeah, you're absolutely right. It had that air of familiarity about it. A kind of "Back To The Future" ring.

• Members

Whoooooo Hooooooooo! Coming back on track!

Here comes another genres thread.

Seriously though, Eric says he is a blues guy, Ginger says Eric is a jazzman but doesn't know it yet.......I forgot what Jack said. If they can't decide what they are doing, I for one am quite happy to do without a label.

Makes for a lively discussion though don't it?

Archived