Help me pick the right amp this time!!!!!

Delboybruce

• Members

One more thing. It is not a metal amp though. The overdrive is pure blues and I use a tube screamer to thicken it up slightly. You wouldn't have to use a pedal - just personal taste. But if your a metal head you really need to be thinking of something different. I play in a 60s/70s cover band and is absolutely everything I need.

• Members
One more thing. It is not a metal amp though. The overdrive is pure blues and I use a tube screamer to thicken it up slightly. You wouldn't have to use a pedal - just personal taste. But if your a metal head you really need to be thinking of something different. I play in a 60s/70s cover band and is absolutely everything I need.

Defo not a metal head. :thu: Not my thing at all. A lot of modern Indie British stuff and classic 70's punk like the Buzzcocks and Ramones. As well as some of the Zep stuff.

These amps sound like they are defo worth a look. I can see me ending up with 2 amps. One for clean and one for heavier gain. I'll defo have a look at the traynor for the clean and the Orange Rocker plus Marshall for the dirty channels. And see what feels best.

• Members

Peavey Classic 30.
Great tube tone clean & drive channels. Spring reverb, Effects loop, enough gain to get a great crunch or sweet driven sound. I would swap out the stock speaker with a Weber 12A 125 or Celestion Greenback (although I'm sure a Celestion Blue would sound sweet!).
They are insanely well priced, versatile as hell, Class A 30 watts, and sound great with every pedal/multi-effects I have ever put through them.
I can't say enough about these sweet little amps.
I have owned Mesa, Fender, Sovtek, VHT, Line 6, GK, Sunn, Carvin, none of them touch this for versatility and value. My fender Dual Showman DID sound better doing vintage Fender-type stuff, but that's it - this amp is one of the best all-around amps and values you wil ever find.

• Members

I just bought a Les Paul so I might have another look at that Marshall. Selling all my kit and keeping maybe 2 or 3 guitars and 1 amp. I need to start shipping in a few weeks so I better get move on.

Decided to have a lot less kit but all of it higher quality. I've started looking at the Cornell amps online. They are supposed to be amazing.

I defo want to try a Traynor. Do all the Traynor amps at 40-50 watts geive great cleans and a great drive channel???

As for the PEavey. I got put off by my Bandit. it was an older one made in the USA. I'm sure the new ones are great, but I'm going to go for American, British or Canadian Made this time.

I'm going to stick my Matamp and Tiny Terror on ebay in the next week or 2 and get rid of them both.

Archived