NGD: Vintage Icon V100 Relic LP clone

ArKay

• Members

You have excellent taste in guitars. Had someone said relic, I would have never looked, but that is a beauty.

Thanks! :) I always look out of curiosity, but 8 out of 10 relics are too "over the top" for my taste. This is just a fun little guitar.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HNGD! I love my Vintage, i recently sanded the gloss finish on the back of neck off a bit, and it feels much better now. My only complaint is that the pickups dont really cut through the mix well in a band situation. I have the Vintage TC200 (Telecaster Copy), in blonde.

Thinking of picking up the VS6 (SG copy) soon.

• Members

HNGD! I love my Vintage, i recently sanded the gloss finish on the back of neck off a bit, and it feels much better now. My only complaint is that the pickups dont really cut through the mix well in a band situation. I have the Vintage TC200 (Telecaster Copy), in blonde.

Thinking of picking up the VS6 (SG copy) soon.

Thanks! Nice, got some pics of the tele? :)

• Members

Some very bad pics here: TC200

I love the tuners on this guitar, easy to restring and hold tune very well.

Thinking of replacing the neck with a maple one, and changing the pickups to a set of IronGear or similar. Not sure if i have the nerve to do it.

• Members

Some very bad pics here:
TC200

I love the tuners on this guitar, easy to restring and hold tune very well.

Thinking of replacing the neck with a maple one, and changing the pickups to a set of IronGear or similar. Not sure if i have the nerve to do it.

That's cool :thu: Yeah, Wilkinson hardware is pretty good stuff, but not everyone seems to like his pickups :D The humbuckers in the LP are fine though and the stacked P90s in my AV6P aren't bad either.

• Members

Yeah, i like the neck pickup. Get a nice smooth bluesy tone out of it.

I wish the bridge was a little hotter.

The pickups in this guitar both read 4,7k which is very low for humbuckers, but they sound OK so I'm not going to replace them just yet. :D

Changing pickups isn't too difficult, go for it! :thu:

• Members

Nice guitar ArKay..congrats!!

Just a quick off topic question.. The wife and kids and I will be in Germany late next month...are those guitars available in Germany or only in the UK?

We are going to be in Wilhelmsdorf for about 3 days and then heading to Munich for about a week or so.

thanks,

Randy

• Members

Nice guitar ArKay..congrats!!

Just a quick off topic question.. The wife and kids and I will be in Germany late next month...are those guitars available in Germany or only in the UK?

We are going to be in Wilhelmsdorf for about 3 days and then heading to Munich for about a week or so.

thanks,

Randy

Thanks! It's a UK brand, but they are available in Germany as well. Like I wrote earlier, the prices here are not as good though.

Some online shops carry them, but I don't know if you will find them in the local stores.

• Members

Thanks! It's a UK brand, but they are available in Germany as well. Like I wrote earlier, the prices here are not as good though.

Some online shops carry them, but I don't know if you will find them in the local stores.

Some do. For example No. 1 in Hamburg had a decent selection the last time I was there ...

• Members

Some do. For example No. 1 in Hamburg had a decent selection the last time I was there ...

Sweet. So yeah, it might be worth checking out stores in Wilhelmsdorf and Munich. I know that Music Store in Cologne also has them (FWIW) :)

Archived