How do the new chambered Les Pauls sound?

jroutley

• Members

So what do they sound like?

preseumably the chambering would increase the acoustic-ness of it, and create a more airy sound, like a semihollow, but without soundholes. And it would reduce the heavy, low end of the guitar, which I suppose the Les Paul is all about...

thanks.

• Members

I can't speak for the new standards myself as i have not played one, however... My '05 LP Doublecut Standard is also chambered, so as far as chambered bodies vs solid bodies goes, I think i can give an answer to your question. And you've essentially summed up the difference between these and real solidbody guitars yourself anyways- they're more open and airy sounding with a better acoustic resonance- though it does cut off some of the sustain.
It's almost as if you pull back the obtrusive lows and mids that can often make Pauls muddy (especially on dearker sounding amps like Orange and Matchless) and as such, improves the note-to-note definition a great deal and overall makes it sound less compressed :)
I love my DC, i prefer the sound of this thing to any actual solid-body any day :D

Edit: Perhaps the most important thing however, is that as far as tone and character go, it is unmistakenly a Gibson Les Paul (only perhaps more mature sounding off the shelf).

Then again, you could always try one out and get a feel for it yourself, your own opinion i feel should always be the most important thing as far as guitar tone goes :)

pce

• Members
Like watered down liquor.

Well, that IS how you're meant to drink it :p

;Watering down extremities lets you appreciate all the flavours together- too much of a good thing can kill the overall experience :)

Hey, that's quite good :D

Archived