Michael Kelly or Schecter

cobra grover

• Members

This will be my first electric guitar purchase.

I am looking at a michael kelly patriot and a schecter blackjack. I also saw a michael kelly hybrid special which was beautiful.

Having never played an electric I just don't know what to expect, sound wise, from these guitars.

What do you guys think about the quality and best overall guitar for my first electric?

Mitch

• Members

there is this exact thread somewhere taken place over the past day or so. Seems the Michael Kelly is a winner in that thread. I have a MK Hybrid. Its very well built and set up to play right off the shelf. Get some great surf tones with it too.

• Members

I'm Patriot guy myself. Own one looking for another.

But also consider.

Michael Kelly and Schecter come out of the same factory in S. Korea. Itis one of the better Korean facotories according to some on this board who know about that kind of stuff.

So what I'm saying is craftmanship wise they should be similar abnd well built.

That's my take.

And welcome....:deadhorse:

• Members

Go with the MK. Feels and sounds great. You'll probably want to change pickups on guitars not equipped with Rockfield or EMG's. I have a Patriot Shadow modified with a Dimarzio SD in the bridge and a Gibson P-94 in the neck, Gibson pots, graphite nut, and Gotoh hardware. I love it. Pictures%2FDSCF0546.JPG

• Members

I love my Schecter Hellraiser. It's the only electric I have that didn't need any fret leveling. That includes my expensive gibsons, gretsch, and strat. The neck is fast and the FR wit grover tuners work great. I played a blackjack and liked it as well. Mebbe those sweet new blackouts would be nice on it. I think the blackjack comes wit those?

Archived