Did I get screwed?

danhauk

• Members
I commend your intellectual jui-jitsu
:thu:

Thanks for that! :thu: I must admit it was quite a good feeling when the item actually arrived something like two and a half months after I won the auction. I had no idea my brilliant plan would work...definitely a long shot.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So who wins the pool?

Unfortunately I was away from the computer from the time I left work until now due to me forgetting I had dinner plans with the fiance. Oops. She's gotta get used to that though since we're getting married in October. This means I wasn't able to file a dispute. But there is good news, and a bit of humor. Read on...

yes i totally understand. he said he contacted you, apparently not. he told me that he recieved an offer for his guitar alone of $250, so he could not sell it. so i will def refund your money. i'm srry for all the confusion. i will speak with him

- beicher1o

Glad his friend got in touch with me to let me know he got a higher offer. :freak: I then received a confirmation from PayPal saying that the refund went through, and checked. It's there, minus their lame $5 fee.

Payment Details

Amount: $165.00 USD

Transaction ID: 7UB42525SU172604J

Subject: guitar refund

Note: i'm srry for all the confusion. i will speak with my friend

And yet another message from him through eBay.

Dear abzmo,

i just refunded your payment. it should be in your paypal account. srry for all this again

- beicher1o

At least I didn't have to open a dispute or anything, so that's good. Not sure who was first to say the refund was coming, but nice prediction.

And he apologized three times (srry counts, right?) so I suppose that makes everything all better now. :rolleyes:

• Members

I really don't feel like going through a PayPal dispute. I've done it before and it's a huge pain in the ass since the other guy tried to drag it out as long as he could.

This is why you ALWAYS pay with a credit/debit card through paypal, not a bank transfer or from paypal funds. Your credit card/debit card issuer will play hardball with Paypal, and you are not left to Paypal's fickle whims. Paying with a credit card is the only way you maintain control over the transaction.

• Members

Give him a negative feedback, that will teach him to screw around and cut deals with his douchebag friends.

I'm still bitter after getting scammed out of $4 by a fake tow-truck driver yesterday morning who told me my neighbor/friend had gotten into a serious car accident. I hate scammers, scumbags and dishonest assholes.

Archived