7 Strings!

SpectorDave

• Members

I need some help. I'm wanting some time in the near future to pick up a seven string to add more variety to my collection however im not clued up on them.

So recommend me some seven strings. Dont worry about budget as i am just looking for companies or models etc to begin my research.

Pics please!

• Members

Either an RG7321, like mine, which is as budget as you can get within reason, but with a prosetup and fretjob, i swear to you it will play as well as any high end jackson or whatever....

DSCF2647.jpg

Or if you have more money, you can get a blackmachine, like mine, which are the balls as far as sevens go...

DSCF6443.jpg

James

• Members

Either an RG7321, like mine, which is as budget as you can get within reason, but with a prosetup and fretjob, i swear to you it will play as well as any high end jackson or whatever....

DSCF2647.jpg

Or if you have more money, you can get a blackmachine, like mine, which are the balls as far as sevens go...

DSCF6443.jpg

James

I'm not keen on the green on the Ibanez but the neck looks pretty cool.

The Blackmachine looks AWESOME!

• Members

What is the neck like on the Ibanez? From the pic it doesnt look to wide which would prob benfit me as a i dont have large hands?

Its not bad at all for me and my hands arent massive or anything. Regardless though, you just get used to it, six strings feel weird to me now. If youve played any RG guitar, you can probably guess what the neck is like. Wide and Flat, but it works well for a 7, probably better than it does for a six

James

• Members

Its not bad at all for me and my hands arent massive or anything. Regardless though, you just get used to it, six strings feel weird to me now. If youve played any RG guitar, you can probably guess what the neck is like. Wide and Flat, but it works well for a 7, probably better than it does for a six

James

Cool! thanks for all the info. Ibanez will be a distinct possibility for me.

• Members

nobody has recommended a "non-black" 7-string yet, so here are a few...
:thu:

080217_sevens_046w.jpg

and you did specifically say "don't worry about budget"...

I will be looking for one to play metal on but those look brilliant. It's true when you say seven string you think metal, so its great to see something different, thanks!

• Members

I will be looking for one to play metal on ...

yeah, i figured but just enjoy showing my 7's. :thu:

...and just in case anybody thinks the 7-string guitar was Steve Vai's contribution, there WAS this guy in the late 1930's who had Epiphone build him his first seven.

George Van Eps is pretty much the father of 7-string guitar...check him out if you dare.

[YOUTUBE]cfTtjBpIE5E[/YOUTUBE]

Archived