Are Carvins worth buying USED?

Boumtje-Boumtje

• Members

To me, it seems like the whole point of buying a Carvin is to personalize it to yourself. Isn't that what the "cheap custom" thing is all about?

Buying a used Carvin is like banging someone else's wife, to me. :x

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, but that's how much the guitar goes for new. it lists for $780, and that's after Reverend's recent price increase. honestly, i wouldn't expect you to get more than $300 for it.

Uhh, no.

The mass produced Revs regularly go for 400-450 on these forums and TGP. I don't see how a rare prototype would suddenly be less than that.

But I could be wrong and this whole thing was just a huge mistake for me to buy.

We're way off topic anyway.

• Members

Uhh, no.

The mass produced Revs regularly go for 400-450 on these forums and TGP. I don't see how a rare prototype would suddenly be less than that.

But I could be wrong and this whole thing was just a huge mistake for me to buy.

then sell on TGP. on Craigslist, you're not gonna get that kinda scratch for that guitar. so either keep listing until you get the price you want or sell for lower.

• Members

I was thinking about picking up a used Carvin CT, and I was wondering if it is actually worth it. I've always wanted a PRS style guitar, but I don't really feel like paying that much. I was also thinking about dropping humbucker sized p90's in. What do you guys think?

They're a great deal used they have a very low resale value because they are custom guitars but if you find one which you like you can usually get it for less than half what it would cost to buy the same thing from carvin.

Archived