OPINIONS ON CONTOURED TELE BODY'S

Rob14

• Members

It might sound disrespectful but the only thing I don't like about Tele's is the lack of body contours, so mine have forearm and belly cuts like a Strat, am I just a whimp, or do others feel the same?

• Members

It might sound disrespectful but the only thing I don't like about Tele's is the lack of body contours, so mine have forearm and belly cuts like a Strat, am I just a whimp, or do others feel the same?

:thu: I'm with ya' .. it's the one thing that makes me not want one...:cry:

• Members

It's a pretty nice feature. It's not traditional ofcourse, and that's a turn off for a lot of Tele owners, but a Strat's contours are more comfortable then a Tele Slab. They do exist. Isn't there the Aerodyne model, or something like that?

• Members

I like them. If i was to get another tele, I would want a contoured back.

I am not about to go hacking up my current one tho.

I saw a pic of jeff beck's esquire that he took a file/rasp/belt sander to.

It looked stylee with the white finish against the natural wood, but I wouldn't go out of my way to damage my guitar.

• Members

Sitting, I find myself with a sore wrist using my telecaster unless I prop my foot up and go all classical up in this

standing, no problems.

If you're totally against doing that proper classical posture thing, and love to sit while you play, who cares.

Also its only blasphemous if you worship it.

• Members

I have a Tele that has a contoured back as well as an arched top. It's a Fender Special Limited Edition Custom Tele, that was marketed by Musician's Friend a couple years ago. It came with dual DiMarzio humbuckers and a goldtop finish and looks similar to the FMT models. I totally love having the contour on the back for comfort. I wish my Les Paul had one.

• Members

i just don't get it. i've never played a tele and thought, this is uncomfortable. i don't notice it at all
:idk:

Yeah, but you also play a Les Paul, which suffers from a similar "affliction".

I dunno, I've never found guitars without belly contours uncomfortable...I like my Strat and my Les Paul just about the same, and my buddy's DIY Tele Deluxe was just as comfy as the Les Paul...

• Members

I don't mind not having a belly contour, even though I've got a gut. It's the sharp edged fronts that bug me. Same with any similar guitar, PRS, Les Paul, etc. My arm just gets sore where it rests on the top edge of the body while standing. I've seen players use some kind of padding to counter act this, like a wristband pulled up to the area of contact, maybe that would help. If it's a rounded edge then I'm okay. Most comfortable tele I've ever played sitting down was a Suhr with strat-style contours, but that guitar was just incredible in general. It sucks because I really like the look/style of a double-bound tele body, but I don't know if I'd really be comfortable playing one.

Archived