ZOOM Rhythm Trax & Streetboxx

angura80s

• Members

Any body ever used ZOOM drum machines?? They are probably the cheapest drum machinese around.

Id like to get one.. but im not sure which is better........

Im thinking about either the black "Rhythm Trak RT-223"...

OR ... the silver "Streetboxx SB-246"

i think the Rhythm Trax is general in focus of styles, while the Streetboxx focusses on hip hop..

anyone knows about these machines and can tell me which is better... they seem very similar to each other....it is feasible to use the Streetboxx beyond its original hiphop focus.. im thinking about latin, funk and soul.

• Members

I have the RT123 which is the cheapest that Zoom makes. I use it when I do my one man band gigs, where I play electric guitar and sing and use the machine to handle drum and bass.

It's actually pretty versatile. I pretty much only use what I have programmed in there myself, because the factory stuff is either too weird or not really usable for a whole song.

Some of the songs I do are very repetitive in their chord structure so I can use a simple repeating pattern for the entire song. For others I have to combine patterns into a song.

The only thing I wish it had was more storage capacity, but I guess to get that I'd need to upgrade to a more expensive machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived