Fender Tele Pickups...Opinions please.

Rob14

• Members

I'm looking for feedback on a couple of pickup sets I'm considering. a Fender "Original Vintage" set, or a Fender Samarium Cobalt set. Any opinions? I prefer single coils, but am thinking maybe the noiseless set, it would be nice to loose the 60 cycle hum, but I'd rather put up with it if the tone from the noiseless set is sterile.

• Members

have you considered other manufacturers like Duncan or Kinmans?

Yes, I've considered a few others too including Tonerider and Copperhead. I only play for my own enjoyment these days and live in a fairly remote area so don't get to hear a lot of other peoples gear first hand. I guess at the end of the day I just want a Tele that sounds like a Tele.

• Members

Yes, I've considered a few others too including Tonerider and Copperhead. I only play for my own enjoyment these days and live in a fairly remote area so don't get to hear a lot of other peoples gear first hand. I guess at the end of the day I just want a Tele that sounds like a Tele.

These are nice sounding pickups. They are readily available not to expensive, and retain all of that classic tele tone that we all know and love.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/telecaster/vintage/fivetwo_for_tel/

Archived